October 27, 2009

Toilets Flushing in My Head

Please be patient with me while I try to ease out of my Nyquil/Aleve stupor. I don't know if I had the swine flu, regular flu, or whatever. I do know it was horrible and like most colds it's going to linger around for a while. So this weekend I did what I always do when I get remotely sick and that's rely on my best friends Nyquil and Aleve for comfort. When I get sick, I want to feel the least amount of discomfort as possible. If that means taking alcoholic-like doses of Nyquil and dipping into my Costco size bottle of Aleve then so be it. Throw in a bag of *cough drops and I was practically a dealer.
I realize this method may not be the healthiest way to go about battling a cold but that's what I do. And yes, there comes a price. For example the other night when I was lying down on the couch just praying to fall asleep, I couldn't. Why? Well every time I would close my eyes I would hear a toilet flush causing my eyes to spring wide open. I was the only one in the house awake. But sure enough, I heard this "toilet" flush about 8-10 times. That's right. I couldn't fall asleep because of a make believe toilet kept flushing in my head. Weird.



Anyway, the high has worn off. It feels good to not feel like a lunatic in my dreams. It also feels good to have the ability to concentrate on my monitor for longer than 10 seconds. However, I wasn't really able to get any picture taking done this week so there's no POTW this week. Don't fret because POTW will be back next Monday.

*Editor's Note: Before this weekend I hadn't bought cough drops in about 10 years. I nonchalantly walked into Albertsons thinking I would get a few cough drops and be on my way. I was frightened when I discovered the selection I was obligated to choose from. I spent several minutes standing there reading bag after bag trying to discern which cough drop was right for me. In a sweaty panic I finally called Becka and begged for her help. I stood there, my phone in one hand, about four different bags of cough drops in the other while Eric is standing there with me also holding bags of cough drops. I'm glad Becka knew what to do because if she didn't I'd still be standing there. In my best Seinfeld voice, what is the deal??

2 comments:

Brent Hope said...

I fell out of my chair when I read that you could hear a toilet flushing (probably the sound of brain cells saying "so-long!").

That's funny!

Are you feeling better?

Jeremy said...

When you came over the other day it was good timing. I was trying to stay sober for the Boise State game. The rest of the weekend I was a zombie.

Yeah I'm feeling better. Other than those annoying little coughs and sniffles that linger afterwards.

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP