October 5, 2009

Picture of the Week

I didn't take very many pictures this week making my options to choose from scarce. Well, that's not entirely true. I took a decent amount of pictures it's just that most of them didn't turn out so well. Earlier in the week I was trying to take some night time pictures of Boise but they were mostly blurry. You never realize how shaky your hands are until you attempt to take pictures of lights in the dark. I've had minimal success before but nothing I'm really satisfied with until I get a tripod. Okay, I'm rambling. Hang on a sec while I regroup and get back to the POTW.....


....okay I'm back. This week's picture is of the street Harrison Boulevard in Boise. *Even though Harrison Boulevard is in the North End neighborhood of Boise it's probably my most favorite road in the entire valley. Trees drape over the road for about a one mile stretch with pretty historic homes along the sides. With Boise being known as the "city of trees" you would think there would be more roads like this one.


Unfortunately these pictures don't really do this road justice. I tried several different angles and couldn't get the image I really wanted. It's much prettier to see in person.


*Editors Note: Most of Idaho, including the Treasure Valley is decidedly Republican with the exceptions being Sun Valley and Boise. Sun Valley is mostly democratic while Boise is about 50/50 between Republican and Democratic voting. It just so happens that the North End neighborhood in Boise is known as being quite liberal. It's becomes obvious when you reach the North End when you start spotting hippies and hybrids at a higher frequency. The North End also happens to be the most scenic neighborhood (other than Table Rock road where you can view the entire valley) due to the landscaping and historic look. I take this place with a grain of salt.

1 comments:

Brent Hope said...

You know when it's getting too liberal when you get a bunch of hyphenated names at the grade school.

For instance:

Johnny Olsen-Johnsen
Sally Orr-Wilson
Bobby Jones-Hancock

Poor kids.

At least they can have fun fogging up the back seat windows of their Prius"s and then draw pot leaves on them. So advanced.

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP