September 4, 2009

Quick thoughts on the game

I thought I would follow up yesterday's post with a quick personal post game update. I'll spare any boring details of analysis and give a few short opinions. I will do my best to avoid talking about LeGarrette Blount's post game meltdown.

  • Boise State's defense is stellar. They shut down a high-octane Oregon offense. I feel warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it.
  • Boise State's offense was good when they weren't fumbling the ball. Once the screws are tightened they'll be explosive as ever with an improved running game.
  • Despite Boise State's reputation of having a gimmick offense, BSU looked stronger and many times looked faster. For what it's worth, BSU has six players that run a 4.3. I remember University of Florida (a team that takes pride in recruiting speedsters) boasting a similar statistic last year.
  • Becka made mouth watering buffalo wings last night and eating them before the game started was the route to go. Too many times my pregame butterflies has got the best of me with a big plate of untouched food in front of me.




I get all giddy when I think of the potential of this years team. Coach Pete will keep the players grounded. Can't wait till next week when Miami (Ohio), (alma mater of Ben Roethlisberger) comes to town. Bring on the Red Falcons!

0 comments:

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP