September 13, 2009

Picture(s) of the Week

My picture of the week feature is back in a big way. Yesterday, Eric and I were fortunate enough to attend the Boise State game. Thank you guy from craigslist for selling your tickets crazy cheap! I took almost 200 pictures and videos while at the game. There's no way I'm narrowing down to one picture for this post. Today I have several and I was still picky.

We were lucky enough to get end zone seats, meaning we were very very close to the field. There's a certain responsibility that comes with sitting in the end zone bleachers. You guessed it. You have to make as much noise as insanely and humanly possible when the other team has the ball, especially when they are close to you. I tried explaining this concept to Eric before the game. I told him how when we're at home I'm always asking him and his brothers to be quiet. He agreed. I then told him this is his chance to be absolutely as loud as possible. Our goal was to have sore throats by the time we were done. I can proudly tell you as I type this more than 24 hours after the game has ended my throat is still soar and my voice is a bit raspy still. (Click Picture to Enlarge!)


We had the help of a horn to make extra noise during the game. Eric is practicing his horn blowing skills while waiting to get into Bronco Stadium.


As I mentioned we were able to score some good seats. I'm not even zooming in on this picture! Unfortunately, if you've noticed, the Broncos are getting ready to punt. Rats!



Kellen Moore and company get ready to rumble down in our direction to score a touchdown.



If I would have been forced to use one picture for this post, this one would be it. It's clearly my favorite. Boise State's defense was dominant once again forcing Miami (Ohio) to punt several times. In the background you can see Miami's long snapper and punter ready to kick the ball in our direction. Kyle Wilson (in the foreground), one of the nation's most dangerous punt returners waits for the ball. Although Kyle Wilson was contained returning punts in this game, he also has the reputation as one of the best cornerbacks in the country, often shutting down his side of the field for the opposing offense.



Boise State usually comes up with harebrained color scheme ideas for fans at Bronco Stadium. Last week some sections of the crowd wore blue, other sections orange, and other sections white. When done correctly it looks cool for the television audience but it can get complicated for every fan to remember instructions on what color to wear on game day. Yesterdays color scheme was simple. It was a "white-out." Actually it looked pretty cool as you can see here.



They say Kellen Moore has "ice in his veins." Here's proof that's true. As the pocket around Moore collapses, he stays cool while he winds up and delivers a pass under pressure.



By the fourth quarter the Broncos had mostly taken care of business. Mike Coughlin comes in as the backup signal caller to get some needed reps. If you enlarge the picture you can see Coughlin looking up at the play clock making sure he gets the snap in time.



Towards the end of the game we were able to sneak up to the wall to watch the rest of the game. You can almost see the game through Eric's eyes right here.



Our ears may have been ringing but after the Broncos dismantled the RedHawks 48-0, Eric and I were all smiles!

3 comments:

Brent Hope said...

Awesome Pictures! How'd you score the tickets??

Jeremy said...

Craigslist is the place for tickets. Two tickets for $50. I tried to get tickets for the Oregon game off of craigslist but they were selling for around $300 each!

Justin said...

I am full of murderous jealousy right now, man. Ok, maybe not murderous, but jealous nonetheless. Good score on the tickets!

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP