March 27, 2009

Donny Osmond or Ozzy Osbourne?

Here's your meaningless story of the day.



This is my Mom and Donny Osmond back in 1992 or so. Why are they posing for a picture together? Well, Donny Osmond was somehow becoming involved with a company from Idaho Falls called Melaleuca. Coincidentally, my Mom had also just started working for the company. It was some important position but I can't remember what. So, some upper Melaleuca person decided it was a good idea for my Mom and Mr. Osmond to talk business.

At the time I was 12, so when my Mom told me Donny Osmond was coming over I didn't really know who he was. My Mom filled me in. I knew I had heard that Osmond name somewhere.

Anyway, when I told one of my 12 year old friends Donny Osmond was going to be coming over to my house, his face was filled with confusion. A day or two later, I had some other friends come up to me and they were so excited. According to them, Ozzy Osbourne was going to be coming over. Not Donny Osmond. I repeatedly had to remind them, no, the guy who bites the heads off of bats is not coming over. When Osmond finally came, my friend came over (he lived right next door to me) and had the opportunity to meet him. Since my friend was expecting Ozzy Osbourne he was quite surprised at the clean cut Donny Osmond.

I haven't been able to keep contact with this friend since we graduated but every once in a while I wonder if he ever tells the story of how he met Ozzy Osbourne at his friends house.

2 comments:

Brent Hope said...

Dr. Jrig. That is the coolest picture. Thanks for posting it. I'm a huge closet Osmonds fan. I remember when Mom told me that Donny Osmond was coming over to the house I just rolled my eyes. I was like, "Whatever Mom."

I'm glad you posted this. And it is so NOT a meaningless story.

Jeremy said...

I'm glad you appreciated it. This story obviously means something to me but sometimes it's hard to judge who will "get" it.

I remember how Mom kept talking about how good looking he was. I'm not gonna lie: it was pretty cool having Donny Osmond come over to our house.

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP