May 19, 2009

Caution! Improvised Post

Do you ever just want to find an excuse to blog? I hope I'm not the only one. Sometimes (like today) I surf the Internet for material to maybe blog about. Nothing out there ("out there" meaning the Internet of course)is really interesting me enough to blog about today. Yet, I feel compelled to blog. So, I decided I was going to do a Jeremy's Forum first...ya ready...I'm going to wing it! That's right, I'm just typing right off the top of my head right now and it's making me a little nervous.

Normally, I have some sort of structured idea of what I'm going to blog about before I actually do it. Those other times when I do search the Internet for material it rarely works. So, like I said, I'm improvising here. I apologize in advance if this post might start to sound like a personal journal or get too dull.

Becka and I are trying to move to Boise from Nampa. It's a slower process then we anticipated. We've been stewing about this move for months and we may have a window of opportunity at the end of this month to make the move. Nampa is sort of like Boise's fat smelly younger cousin. There's two races in Nampa: Mexican and non-Mexican. There's no reason to be offended, Mexican isn't a bad word. However, in Nampa there's more signs in Spanish than English. I like a little more variety that's all.

To switch gears for a moment, I've got to say a few things about my oldest son, Eric. This kid is awesome. My loyal readers know him as the short, high-pitched voice, left-handed, Boise State aspiring football player. This is all true of course but he already is forming so much depth into his personality. Eric is only seven, but he seriously is one of my best friends. It's sort of a cliched thing to say (which is also cliched if you think about it) but he's 7 going on 20. Okay, that may be a stretch but you get the idea. Eric is about one week away from completing first grade. I'm not going to dote on this too much but I will say he does very well in his class. Being a son of mine, he is interested and enjoys playing almost any sport including tether ball. I didn't even know people actually played tether ball until I watched Napoleon Dynamite the first time. Anyway, he goes much deeper than sports. Eric has an incredible imagination. I realize most kids that age do, but Eric's imagination already far exceeds my own.




Eric has also really picked up on reading. For months now, I've had him read to me almost every night. His teacher asked her students to make a goal to read 200 minutes every month. As parents, we log on a calendar how much Eric reads every day, then total it up at the end of the month. Eric routinely reads in the high hundreds every month. In March he read 850! Becka and I have to do little encouraging with him to read to us. Meaning most of those minutes are his idea. A few days ago Eric decided instead of just reading to us, he is going to read the book Stuart Little on his own. So he does, almost every night before bed.

Also, the kid is almost afraid of nothing. Today, he climbed to the top of a tree. And I mean, THE TOP. He could have grabbed the cable wire, which is 25 feet high! I get the feeling soon he'll be cliff jumping with Uncle Brent.

Anyway, I've bragged about Eric long enough. I normally make a conscience effort to not talk about my kids too much to other people. I guess that's the great thing about a blog, you can choose not to read it.

I think I'm done for now. Excuse me for a moment while I spell check........okay, that's taken care of.

Next time, I'll give a little more thought to what I blog about instead of making this a journal entry. But then again, it all depends on how desperate I am for my next blog.

2 comments:

Jeremy's older fat smelly brother said...

Great rambling post. I like the comparison of Nampa to Boise. How about the guy that died at the sugar plant in Nampa the other day. Auger accident!! What a way to go. I'll bet that's a conversation piece on the other side of the veil!

I think I just found a subject for my next post.

We will be cliff jumping like mad as the summer heats up. I've got to show you the best place ever in Twin Falls.

Jeremy said...

Yes! I want to see this place in Twin Falls you've been talking about.

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP