July 2, 2009

Swimming at Jump Creek Falls

We've been a busy family lately. Most of our time has been spent trying to stay cool from the hot summer weather. What's the best way to cool off? Swimming of course!

First, I was able to visit Brent in Sun Valley last weekend. It was a great time. I was able to get a lot off my chest. While with Brent, we went to Shelley, ID to pick up Jess and Travis. While we were in Shelley, we floated down some canals in inner-tubes. It was good times, although I accidentaly swallowed some of the canal water filled with pesticides consequentely giving me a brief coughing fit.

(Click Pictures to Enlarge!)


The day I came home from Brent's house and almost every day since we have gone swimming at Jump Creek Falls. Jump Creek is a fantastic waterfall that's 27 miles(I measured it) southwest of Nampa. The bottom of the waterfall pools making it a great place to swim. Of course the water is mostly fresh, so if I swallow any my body doesn't try to hurl the water back out.


Before you get to the waterfall, you have to hike into this canyon for about one quarter mile. It's a pretty little hike but watch out for the poison ivy! There's supposed to be rattlesnakes too but I have yet to see one (fingers crossed).


There's a little ledge right next to the waterfall you can climb onto and jump off. Becka is a good swimmer and a good diver.


I, on the other hand, am not a good diver. My dives turn into painful belly flops that draw "oohs" and "aahs" with grimicing faces from onlookers. For the time being, I substitute my dives with flips. My summer swimming goal is to be better at diving.


Eric is becoming more and more brave all the time with swimming. He'll go almost anywhere as long as he has his life vest on. He says his favorite part is jumping into the water.


Timo is still very afraid of the water. This doesn't stop us from encouraging him even if his panic almost makes Becka drown in the process. Timo tends to be scared of a lot of things but to his credit he always tries. After swimming with mommy to the waterfall he's relieved to get out of the water and makes this face for the next 20 minutes.

However, Timo had a breakthrough yesterday and seemed to enjoy himself a lot more. The panic was at a minimum.

Stay tuned for more updated swimming pictures in a water fountain.

1 comments:

Becka said...

This is the best post! Eric is definitely the brave one! Now we just need to get him to try jumping off the Boise River Bridge!

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Jeremy's Forum ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP